Instead of posting this when the New Year hits I am posting about fitness now. This is my effort to give some motivation to you if you are on a fitness journey. I am also trying to renew my energy for my weight loss journey myself BEFORE the holidays and the new year.
A huge thing for me is feeling like, at the end of the year, I have accomplished so much, as opposed to what you typically see, in terms of getting that new motivation and inspiration when the year starts over. What that means for me is nearing the end of the year getting even more organized, making sure I am eating well, and making any changes that would benefit my over all mental, physical, and spiritual health. This way I skip happily into the new year already ready to go versus making all of these New Year’s resolutions at the start of the year.
I won’t talk much about my diet here. However, I am vegetarian and have found that, personally, it really helps me with weight loss. I plan to post about the vegetarian life, complete with a meal plan, soon. Avoiding dairy has been beneficial. (I still eat dairy occasionally, because who doesn’t love cheese?!). I don’t eat carbs at all, and avoid sugar like the plague (admittedly, I haven’t been doing the best job with this lately).
I’ve lost about 90 lbs. in total on my weight loss journey and it’s taken me quite a while but I NEVER give up! Check out a before and after below.
Here’s What Helps Get Me Pumped
1. Prolessa Duo – I’ve heard this commonly referred to as liquid lipo. Ladies! :: insert dramatic pause :: I’ve used it once before and had pretty good results. I should, however, mention that I didn’t use it consistently so I can only image how awesome it would be were I actually consistent. Make sure you check with your doctor prior to using this or any supplement.
2. Cute Workout Clothes – Cute clothes are a musttttttt to get me moving. These leggings are my absolute fave workout leggings.
3. Fit Bit – I love this thing for tracking my progress and allowing me to see how often I’ve worked out, etc. Plus, unbeknownst to me before now, they now have really cute bracelets that you can wear daily vs. those plain drab sporty looking ones!
4. Water Bottle – This Swell water bottle is absolutely amazing. It keeps your water cold seemingly endlessly. Even during hot yoga. It is guaranteed to keep your water cold for 24 hours and it works for hot drinks as well.
5. Something to Work Toward – When I have an event or a vacation, or even a goal dress, it gives me all the more motivation to reach my fitness goals and to really work hard to reach my weight loss goals as well.
What are some of your fave things that get you super motivated and pumped on your fitness journey? I would love to add them to this list!
Until next week, ladies …