How to Select a Great Theme for Your Little One
- Select a theme that matches your personal style. Do you prefer something a bit more rustic? Old-fashioned cowboy may be the perfect way to go for your 4 year old’s birthday party. Are you a modern minimalist? Check out this modern minimalistic Batman party that I just can’t get enough of.
- Choose a theme that has design elements that are visually appealing. Make sure you select something that is aesthetically pleasing. Not only that, but make sure that the various design elements work well together. If you like all the colors and textures that typically come with the Unicorn theme, then that’s the perfect one for your little one.
- Make sure the elements of your theme are easy to locate. Be very careful about selecting something that is so unique that you are unable to find the various decor elements that match it.
- Find something fun! While we definitely want this party to be visually stunning, we can’t forget completely about your child! Choose something that they would have fun with as well. For example, we coordinated a vintage cowboy party and featured a child friendly mechanical bull. Needless to say the kids had a BLAST (adults too)!
- Consider themes that are unique and outside of the box. This may be a tough one because your child may be dying for a Frozen themed party. BUT, if you can convince them otherwise, there are tons of new and unique ideas out there that will certainly surprise and delight your child as well as their guests! Take a look at this modern camping first birthday.
David’s Wild One
David’s modern Wild One first birthday was a huge success! It was stunning visually; so clean and modern. I must admit it has been one of my favorite themes thus far. I love the Wild One theme for a few reasons – it is elegant, and I think can be used for either a boy or a girl depending on how you stage it. It is also really minimalistic, which I love.
Selecting a theme for your little one’s first birthday can be tough. Working with this client in particular was awesome because she had already selected the theme. If you’re struggling to select a theme when planning, I have a ton of ideas and suggestions on Pinterest and would be happy to help! Or just shoot me an email at [email protected].
Some of my most favorite elements from David’s party were of course the fabulous hedge wall, his cake, the balloon garland (have I mentioned I’m obsessed with balloons?), and the amazing and delicious cake pops. Here are a few photos from the party! Check them out and let me know what you think.
What are some of your favorite unique themes? What are some themes that you think are overused? Thanks for reading!
Morgan K .