How on earth are we approaching the end of 2018? I feel like we just began the year and now here we are at the end.
I’m so excited to do a vision board this year to help visualize all the things I am working toward in 2019. I am thrilled about all that 2019 has to offer and can’t wait to revel in each experience.
I was SO thrilled to have a few ladies over to join in the fun. We spent 3 hours around the fireplace, sipped wine, and chatted about our goals and plans for 2019.
In 2019 I am planning to separate Scarlett Events from The Scarlett Collection which is going to be a huge move for my brand. I am also planning to release a holiday collection (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Hanukkah). I plan to start training for a half marathon and am looking forward to a summer trip to Italy!
What you need for your vision board party:
- Plenty of magazines
- Glue sticks or double sided tape
- Markers and or pens
- Poster board
- Tasty light bites- I made this baked Brie with rosemary that my guests raved about.
Things to think about before making your vision board:
- Anything you want to change – Do you want to lose weight or simply live a healthier lifestyle? Strengthen your relationship with your children? Commit to reading more?
- Where do you want to be at the end of 2019 career-wise?
- What does living your best life look like?
- What will it take to reach your goals?
How to host your party:
- Plan to invite about five or six guests. I know this may seem like a small number but it helps to ensure that each guest has enough space to spread out their materials, in addition to ensuring they will really benefit from the experience.
- Send out a simple evite (I love Paperless Post) featuring the date, time, location and asking the other ladies to contribute wine, light bites, their own scissors, and vision board supplies. Also ask the ladies to think about the above questions prior to the party.
- Have everyone assemble their boards. Make sure to lay out your vision (no pun intended) BEFORE gluing each item to the board. Also, make sure to leave a bit of space to add things throughout the year.
- After each guest has assembled their vision board, have them talk through what they are planning to achieve in 2019. This is something that is super simple but SO important. Guests may find that they have similar goals. Maybe a workout group could be formed. Maybe a girls trip could be in the works, because a few of the ladies plan to travel in 2019.
- Set up a printing station. Not everything you are striving for will be readily available in magazines.
Make sure you put your vision board somewhere in your home where you will be reminded of your goals and dreams daily!
What do you have planned for 2019? What are you working toward? I want to hear your goals, both big and small!
Morgan K. is the owner of Scarlett Events and the creator of the Scarlett Collection. With a passion for unique themes and attention to quality details, Morgan brings style and joy back to party planning, being the partner busy women everywhere need! The Scarlett Collection provides everything you need to become the greatest hostess your friends and family have ever seen.